“International Support to Domestic Resource Mobilisation
– Launch of the Addis Tax Initiative”
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia / 15 July 2015
Domestic Resource Mobilisation (DRM) was defined by the international community as a main topic of the 3rd Financing for Development Conference. To demonstrate shared commitment, more than 30 countries and international organisations have jointly announced the Addis Tax Initiative built on the principles of shared responsibility and mutual accountability.
During the side event, high-level representatives discussed how the international community can engage successfully in DRM reforms and how the increased political commitment for more and better reforms and development assistance to DRM can be translated into action in a timely and efficient manner. Positive examples of jointly implemented DRM reforms were presented to illustrate what can be achieved if the willingness to reforms is combined with effective international support.
The side event was organised by the ITC along with Ethiopia, European Commission, Germany, Netherlands, OECD, United Kingdom and United States.
- Web site: Addis Tax Initiative
- Further information on the side event can be found in the concept note (0.3 MB) and the press release (0.2 MB)
- Additional input for the discussion on DRM Reforms is provided by the ITC/OECD discussion paper “Examples of Successful DRM Reforms and the Role of International Co-operation” (3.6 MB)
- Movie clip: Better Tax Systems for Development