For our Secretariat in Bonn / Germany, we are looking for a/an
The International Tax Compact is looking for an Advisor (f/m) to support the Addis Tax Initiative
Field of activity
The International Tax Compact (ITC) is an informal platform that aims to enhance domestic revenue mobilization in partner countries, and to promote fair, efficient and transparent tax systems.
The ITC brings together a broad variety of actors from development partners and partner countries working in the field of tax and development, including policymakers, administrators, experts, academics as well as civil society and private sector representatives, in order to pool available capacities, foster cooperation and create synergies without duplicating existing structures and efforts.
Since the Financing for Development Conference in Addis Ababa in July 2015, the ITC hosts the Secretariat of the Addis Tax Initiative.
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has launched the platform in 2009 and commissioned the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) to facilitate the ITC Secretariat.
Since April 2017, the European Union is supporting the ITC through a co-financing agreement. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands (BZ) provides in-kind support.
The ITC Secretariat is located in Bonn / Germany.
You will support the work of the Secretariat of the Addis Tax Initiative, including:
- Strategic development of the Addis Tax Initiative, in close cooperation with the ATI Steering Committee
- Preparation, coordination and implementation of the annual ATI Work Plan (including for instance the monitoring of the ATI commitments, activities to enhance development partner coordination, the organization of networking opportunities for ATI members, the establishment of an online project database, etc.)
- Proactive engagement with ATI members and other relevant tax and development stakeholders
- Establishment and facilitation of one or more ATI member consultation groups
- Coordination of ATI outreach and visibility activities (information materials, events, etc.)
- Regular project reporting, including contributions to the annual reports to the European Union and the BMZ.
Furthermore, you will support the ITC Coordinator in the strategic development of the International Tax Compact. Depending on individual qualifications, interest and capacities, an involvement in other ITC work lines might be possible.
Focus of the position: technical tasks
- Master in Economics, Law, Political or Administrative Sciences,
- At least five years of professional experience in the area of tax and development,
- Proven experience in coordinating and managing networks,
- Excellent project management, (intercultural) communication and networking skills,
- Proven team player,
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications,
- Fluent in English and ideally in French or Spanish, good command of German.
Starting as soon as possible, ending in April 2019.
The position can generally be filled in part-time.
The position requires occasional international travel.
Please find the job offer in the following link: https://www.giz.de/en/jobs/3109.html (JOB-ID: 34376)
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 22. November 2017.