This blended learning initiative aims at improving participants’ understanding of majority of the factors that have impact of the processes of modernization of tax administrations.
As process of modernization focuses on organizational structure, procedure, strategy, and culture, the learning will address the importance of balancing all the factors. Above all, change drives this process. Participants will try to identify the common success factors for managing change and debate how to avoid getting stalled and misdirected, or only partially achieving the required results. In this respect participants will be faced with different approaches and best practices.
This learning initiative is designed as blended learning. It will combine one week of online learning and 2,5 days of face-to-face workshop, delivered at the CEF, Ljubljana.
What you will learn
Participants will develop a vision for the 'next generation' tax administration. They will discuss:
- which tasks it would undertake;
- how it would conduct its work and how it would be organized to deliver the work in the most effective and efficient way (e.g. would operational functions be consolidated in fewer locations than now, and would none-core tax administration functions be organizationally separated from core tax administration functions);
- which methodology would be used to ensure optimal taxpayer compliance (e.g. implementation of the OECD compliance risk model);
- how interaction with taxpayers would look like (e.g. all tax returns submitted electronically and the majority of communication with taxpayer using e-services)
- business process related issues (paperless tax administration, IT replacements, etc.)
More information and registration available here.